He Sees You!


I was sitting front and center at my very last breakout session of She Speaks anxiously awaiting to soak up everything Lysa TerKeurst was going to teach us about Writing Content That Unleashes the Power of Conversation.  Lysa is the founder of Proverbs 31 Ministries and author to several books - some of which I have read and have impacted my life.  She was going to coach us to write words that move people - it was going to be a three hour long session and I could hardly wait. 

She came out and we dove head first into learning the three C's of writing.  I was a sponge - soaking it all up and learning so much.  My pencil could hardly keep up.  When she had finished pouring out to all of us, she gave us an assignment to work on during the rest of the session.  However our time was cut short since we were in the main room where our evening session was going to be held - we had to all get out so they could prep for our very last session.  I noticed Lysa standing off to the side in a corner.  I told myself that I was going to go meet her.  Then I thought no don't bother her. And then I said NO, I'm going to get up out of my chair and go see her!  Well by the time I had finally made up my mind what I was going to do - everyone else had decided they were going to meet her too.  Everyone was making their way towards Lysa.  Several woman stood beside her to take their pictures.  I graciously waited and offered to take their pictures.  After a few group photos I could tell that Lysa needed to leave. My heart began to sink.  I had so wanted to say hi or maybe even get a picture myself with her.  I was about ready to walk away when she pointed to me and told me to come with her.  I quickly followed her behind the curtain. She asked me my name.  I proceeded to tell her and let her know how much her ministry has impacted my life and what an honor it was to meet her.  She gave me a hug asked me if I wanted a picture.  Yes please!  We took our picture, she hugged me again and left.  I wanted to cry and do cartwheels all at the same time.  I wanted to pinch myself and ask, "did that just happen?"

She pulled me aside and made me feel special. She had noticed me.  How often in our life do we long to be noticed.  Maybe it's at work. We want our boss or co-workers to notice the work that we do.  To be told that we are doing a good job.  Or perhaps it is with our friends.  We want to be invited to do fun things, to have conversations together or just know that someone cares and is invested in us.  Perhaps you long to be noticed by your family.  Do the kids know how much you do for them?  Wouldn't it just be nice to get a "thanks mom" without someone having to be prompted.  Maybe it's with your siblings or even your parents - to hear those words "you are doing great! or I'm proud of you." Could it be you long to be noticed by your spouse?  To hear "I love you", "I'm here for you babe." Or long to spend time together. Whoever it is co-workers, friends, family and maybe even our spouses we long to be pulled aside and to feel special. 

If you are longing to be noticed, may I encourage you today?  You are noticed and heard by the one who created you - God the Father.  I love the book of Psalms.  Constantly throughout the book we are told that He hears our cries (Psalm 3:4), He is close to the brokenhearted (Psalm 34:18), He protects us (Psalm 7:1), He is there in times of trouble (9:9).  These are just a few of the ways that God shows His love to us.  Are you struggling to know that God is close?  Do you feel like you are not being noticed by anyone around you?  May I spur you on to open your Bible to the book of Psalms.  Read one chapter a day. Study it in different versions to see which one speaks to you (the Bible app is great for this or biblegateway.com).  Highlight, mark and write in your Bible those verses that bring you reassurance that God is close.  Then on those days when you feel less than noticed by work, family, friends or even God, open your Bible and let those verses be a reminder to you that you are always noticed by God and that you are never alone.  He sees you!

Psalms 139:1-10 (easy to read version)
1 Lord you have tested me, 
   so you know all about me.
2 You know when I sit down and when I get up.
   You know my thoughts from far away.
3 You know where I go and where I lie down.
   You know everything I do.
4 Lord, you know what I want to say,
   even before the words leave my mouth.
5 You are all around me - in front me and behind me.
   I feel your hand on my shoulder.
6 I am amazed at what you know;
   it is too much for me to understand.
7 Your spirit is everywhere I go.
   I cannot escape your presence.
8 If I go up to Heaven, you will be there.
   If I down to the place of death, you will be there.
9 If I go east where the sun rises
   or go to live in the west beyond the sea,
10 even there you will take my hand and lead me.
     Your strong right hand will protect me.






Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!