A Much Too Familiar Road

I've sat down at the computer for the last two days trying to put my thoughts together for this post, but the truth is I can't (and every time I start to type the tears begin to flow).  I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words - so please forgive me if this post is all over the place or a bunch of rambling.  Two years ago we made the decision to stop treatments and to come home to hospice.  Two years later (to the date) Jon's parents made the same decision.  Jon's Dad has been battling lung cancer for a little over a year now.  Two weeks ago he was admitted to the hospital for various reasons - and Monday they brought him home to start hospice care.  He wasn't home long when the decision was made to bring him to the Serenity House (almost two years to the exact day TJ was brought there).  I'm not going to lie - this hasn't been easy.  It just doesn't seem fair.  This road is all too familiar and I can't believe we are going through it again two years later.  I ask that you please keep Glenda and the rest of the family in your prayers. 
  I'm going to stop there - my thoughts just aren't coming out right - and the tears won't stop




TJ with Grandpa Don

Comments

  1. Crying with you! I cannot imagine. It honestly makes me sick for your family. It doesn't seem fair at all. Listening to "Overcome" on Pandora right now......praise God for his promises, but it doesn't make this any easier here and now. We are praying for each one of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tami....we are lifting you all up in prayer! The hubby and I were just talking about the timing of all of this after our phone conversation last night...we are so sorry that you are going through this again. We're here for you if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crying with you friend. And praying with fervor. "Lord, May you remind Tami, Jon, the boys, Glenda, and all the Goemaat family....that no matter how far away you feel, God...that you are right by our sides. Walk with them as the tears flow, joyful memories hit, as painful memories open old painful wounds, and strengthen them with your Grace and PEACE that Passes ALL UNDERSTANDING! I love you friends! Kari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tami I just have lots of tears. We have had the entire family in our prayers. We think of you all constantly. We are here if you neef anything. Love Curtis,Robin,Cole and Tyson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear of this,he was such a nice man I waited on them at the Country Inn when I worked there. And I agree the timing is not good but maybe god wanted it that way so during the rest of the year you can go on with life and not have 2 dates to mourn at.I'm not sure I worded that right but I meant well. He is at peach and TJ has his grandpa.My sympathy to all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!