County Fair 2014

This was the first year we were able to experience the county fair with one of our kiddos actually participating.  The fair sure has changed from when I was an exhibitor (isn't that what all parents say?), however we still had an enjoyable week - a bit exhausting - but enjoyable!  We have a reserved camping spot there - so it made it easy to be there in time for chores and enjoy the other activities going on at the fair.  Time got away from us so Anthony's only project this year was Buddy - which was probably enough for this year!  I do believe I was more of a nervous wreck than Anthony - all because of added pressure I put on myself.  Anyway, Buddy did really well - he got Reserve County Bred Steer!!  Not too bad for our first year of showing!  We sold Buddy at the auction that last Saturday of the fair.  We were beyond pleased with what he brought.  When the time came for us to say good bye after he sold, I do believe the three of us (Jon, Anthony and I) were all holding back the tears.  I know I had a big lump in my throat!



Anthony showing Buddy while talking to the judge!


Anthony with his trophy!

We also took part in the joke telling contest, bubble gum blowing contest and Mutton Bustin'!  It was a fun first year!  I'm not sure what Anthony will want to do next year - but I'm excited!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

I Love To Tell The Story