Christmas Programs

Since TJ's been gone, going to any kind of musical anything is really hard.  Music or any kind of performance (acting, singing, whatever) was where TJ would shine.  His passion for those things was evident.  So now that his presence is gone - all I can do is imagine what he would have been like and to enjoy Anthony, Will and Charlie shine in their performances.  I tell you what - Anthony would have made his big brother so proud this year.  Fourth grade is when the kids get their recorders!  Anthony played TJ's recorder and did it well (I think - how do you really know when there are 40 of them playing at once)!  But then they sang a song - where Anthony got to be one of the four soloists.  I was so shocked when he came home one day from school telling me he had tried out for this and was really hoping he would get it.  And the song they sang was so fitting - I was left with tears running down my face.  Will and Charlie did great also - I always enjoy watching these two.  Charlie is eager to wave - and Will - he sees you, but he is going to pretend that he doesn't!  The band always ends the program but the last song the kids from kindergarten to fourth grade join in.  I don't know what it is about this song- but it makes me emotional every year!

The church program was nice as well.  Will had a couple speaking parts - 3 letters from the ABC Christmas and Charlie got to hold up one of the letters.  They are in the same department so they sang together.  It was nice this year - they were on the same side - Charlie just a couple rows in front of Will and on the same side I was sitting on!  Anthony was Joseph this year in the play - Just A Little Christmas.  Anthony and TJ would have been in the same department this year - so when it was time for them to sing one of their more lively songs - Anthony once again reminded me of his big brother and made me cry but he did great! 

I could share so much more about each program - but my heart just isn't in it  - so I'll just share a few pictures from both programs.


 
Will at the school program - back row middle!
 
 
Anthony at the school program - back row (one with glasses).

 
This was when the four soloists came out to sing - Anthony is on the right hand side, but the left boy in front (the one in all black).
 
 
Charlie at the school program - dressed as a tree (right behind the microphone).
 

 
Anthony playing Joseph at the church Christmas program.
 
 
Charlie and Will singing in the church Christmas program.  Charlie is in the front with the khaki sweater.  Will is two rows back in the black sweater.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!