EXHAUSTED!!

Well, I survived the first week of my new job and I am EXHAUSTED!  I don't know how farmers do it day after day.  I didn't do near the things Jon did but by Saturday night I was wiped out!  The good thing..... we get all the corn in (including the sweet corn) by Saturday night!!  I did my best to do what Jon wanted me to do (without asking too many questions).  There was only one time I said no!  It was a job I had never done before and I just was too nervous trying it for the first time while I was watching my niece for a couple of hours.  The amount I helped and the work I did varied from day to day.  We even got the boys in on some of the work too!  My jobs usually consisted of driving the seed and chemical tender from field to field (and to the coop to get more), the ranger to pick up rocks (which the boys actually enjoyed doing), moving equipment from farm to farm, driving the 4020 to hoe corn and running important errands - like getting donuts and lunch!!


I must admit that during this season I am usually a single parent - going to events with the boys by myself.  However, now I too have to skip those things.  I felt terrible that I missed four graduation parties, a wedding, cheese rarebit day at school and my niece's last track meet.  I was super bummed, but also knew I was much needed where I was.  This too is a new season in our life - one I'm trying hard to adjust to.  Don't get me wrong - I love that I am able to work along side Jon and actually feel like I am an important part of our farming operation - just don't like the reason why I was thrown into my new job.  There have been fun - exciting days and long hard days.  But all in all it's been a good week!  I am thankful for the rain we got so we could have a little down time so I can get caught up with the things around the house - you should see my laundry pile!!



Filling up the sprayer.  The pickup was one of my many "offices" for the week.


One of our loads of rocks.  The ranger was a little weighed down!



Our last field planting corn!



The boys!  I have to tell a story about the little two's shirts.  Saturday morning Jon and I left around 5:00.  We left the boys home by themselves - we figured they would sleep until I came back home (which was pretty accurate).  When I got home to pick them up to head to the field Will and Charlie had those shirts on - ones I would have them wear to church or somewhere nice.  I asked them why they are wearing their nice shirts - their response - "Dad does!"  I love how they look up to their Dad and want to be just like him!

(I guess Jon has a picture of me hoeing corn - I was a real looker that day - too bad I won't be posting that one!)

Comments

  1. Your posts just make me smile, Tami. :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!