Run in the Sun

The Run in the Sun has become one of those 5K's that is near and dear to my heart.  All the proceeds go to the Serenity House in Oskaloosa (where TJ and Don spent time at).  This year with other things going on I didn't get preregistered and just showed up the day of the event.  I was able to convince my good friend Kelly (whose grandfather-in-law spent time at the Serenity House too) to join me.  Kelly runs all the time, so I had told her I hadn't had time to train and would probably need to walk most of it and asked her if we should just do the one mile instead.  Her response - nah, let's do the 5K - it gives us more time to talk!!  So that was what we did!  We talked, walked and gave back to something that is so special to us!




Running to the finish line!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!