Our Week

This has been a hard week. We started off the week attending the funeral of a young man who graduated a year a head of me at school.  This same man was the son of TJ's fourth grade teacher. We knew it was important for us to go and I'm glad we did - it was a very nice service with a great message for all to hear!  Later that day we started harvesting.  Remember the corn that was flattened this summer?  Well Jon wanted to get that out of the field before the stalks rotted or broke off and we had bigger issues of getting it out of the field.  It was a little wetter than we would have liked but the yields were better than we expected which was great!  We finished this field up Friday afternoon.

Then Tuesday we got a phone call from our landlord's daughter telling us Bob had passed away.  This was a complete shock to us.  He was the neatest, amazing, and one of the most godliness men I've ever met.  Jon and I absolutely adore this family!  We were crushed to hear the news of his passing.  It has really hit me hard, something I just can't explain.  Anyway, His funeral was today - all I can say is wow!  And I hope Jon and I can leave that same kind of legacy.

Wednesday Will had an appointment with the foot doctor which went very well.  Afterwards we went to visit my grandparents at the hospital.  My grandpa has been in the hospital for around three weeks - kind of a lengthy story.  Anyway, he wasn't getting better so they made the decision to move him to the hospice house Thursday.  This will be the third family member to use/go to the Serenity House.  I told Jon I've seen almost every generation go through that house - my son, father in law and now my grandpa.  I told him he is not allowed to be the next generation to go there.  I hope to skip that generation! Anyway, I knew it was the best option and the perfect place for my grandpa go be.  However, my heart was breaking for my grandma. You could just see the sadness on her face. Well, today when we got back in the car from the funeral to head to the cemetery I had a text from my mom saying grandpa had gone home to be with Jesus today.  Although this was our answer to prayer that grandpa wouldn't have to be there long and suffer anymore, I was instantly saddened for the void my grandma will have.  They have been married almost 70 years!  We all are going to miss him terribly.  Once again we will have to readjust.  I'm beginning to think that is all we are good at anymore.  I just ask that you continue to keep my whole family in your prayers.  These next few days are going to be hard but we know that it's the days, weeks and months ahead that are even harder.

Comments

  1. Sending Hugs to you all. Sorry to hear of all you losses. Wish there didn't have to be hard days of saying good-bye in this life. We still need to get together sometime soon. Take care. Janita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! So very sorry to hear of all of your losses. Will continue to keep you in our prayers as, like you said, everyone is adjusting again. If you'd like to have coffee again, I'm game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers an hugs, Tami. So sorry to hear all of this. You will be a great comfort to your Grandma.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!