Oh man....YES!!!

Well a couple of weeks ago I was doing a little cleaning around the house and decided to wash the entry way rugs.  The weather has been so crazy that they were getting pretty dirty.  I went down to check on them to see if it was time to put them in the dryer when I noticed the washing machine was making an odd noise.  It was on the spin cycle, but not spinning.  I thought, great I broke it!  I had shoved all the rugs into the washer so I would be done with it in one load.  Now I had to put soaking wet rugs into the dryer and dry them several times - so in the long run I should have split up the rugs.  Well, I mentioned to Jon that the washer wasn't working quite right and I needed to do more laundry, so he took a look at it (the next day).  He couldn't fix it so he called the repair guy out to see what they could do.  They arrived and I kid you not they were here like five minutes!  He told me that it was beyond repair and I would need to get a new washer.  Oh man.....YES!!!!!  You see in the almost 14 years Jon and I have been married I have never owned a new washer or dryer.  I had been wanting to get a newer, bigger more efficient one, but Jon said as long as these were doing their job there was no need to get a different one - which I really couldn't argue with him.
The weekend didn't really allow us any time to go shopping for a new one so I had to wait until Monday.  We decided to shop locally since those are the ones that would service it (if it ever needed it).  We were going in for a washer, but I was secretly hoping to walk out of there with both a washer and dryer (even though the dryer was perfectly fine!).  We looked over a few and he explained the difference between them and I finally decided on one.  In the meantime I looked at a dryer (while Jon took a phone call) - there was a HUGE difference between that one and the one I had at home.  I thought I am going to have a bigger more efficient washer and then when it comes to drying my clothes I'll have to split the load in half and do two loads for the one.  How in the world is that ever going to save me any time?!  So once Jon got off the phone I shared with him my dilemma.  He did agree!!!  He told me that he buys things to help make his job(s) more efficient and decided that I should too!  I was beyond excited.  What a great guy!!  So we ended up getting a new washer & dryer.
So, we went home cleaned up the spot where the new ones would go and moved the old ones out of the way.  I was never more excited to do laundry - EVER!!  The washer (and dryer) I picked out have glass lids - which I've never had before.  So the first load of laundry I did, I stood there and watched it!  I know - sad, right?  I guess you can say I am easily amused!!  I tell you what they are unbelievable.  Laundry takes half the time now.  I can easily do one load to my two loads before AND the washing & drying time seems to be quicker.  Maybe it's not....maybe I'm just more excited to do laundry now that I actually don't forget about it!  I'm still not 100% sure if washing the rugs is why the washer actually called it quits but I'm sure thankful I washed them - for more than one reason!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!