A Different Way to Harvest

I don't know about anybody else's kids, but my kids are seasonal toy players.  It makes it nice at times - when they are tired of playing with those toys - it is usually time for a different season.  But it can make it hard when you are asked - "what would your kids like for their birthday or Christmas."  So now that we have been in harvest mode my kids have been playing with tractors, wagons, semis, combines and fire trucks!  Yep that's right - fire trucks.  Earlier this fall when we were combining beans our combine caught fire - it wasn't anything too extreme - we were still able to finish harvesting with the same combine - but enough to have to make a call to the fire department.  It was a Friday and I had just stopped by the field and talked to Jon for a bit.  He had informed me of a small fire they had had that morning - it didn't amount to anything.  I went home and eventually it was time for the boys to get home from school.  They got off the bus and the following conversation happened:
Will, "Mom did you hear about Dad?"
Me, "No, what about your Dad?"
Will, "the whole field was on fire - the fire trucks and ambulance was there."
Me, "seriously?"
Anthony and Charlie, "Yep we saw it on the bus on the way home from school."

I was concerned when Will said ambulance.  I had just text Jon and had not heard from him.  This time I decided to call.  He answered and proceeded to tell me everything was fine - nobody was hurt, the combine was fine and the whole field was NOT on fire!  That was good to hear.  In fact the boys and I went out later to go ride with them for awhile.

Fast forward a couple of days.  I had my niece and nephews over.  Of course when they played they were farming.  Lane grabbed the combine, tractors, wagons, semis and Will says, "don't forget the fire truck!  Just incase!"  I loved it (and tried not to laugh)!  I've got a few pictures of the boys "harvesting".  I love that even though they are getting older - they aren't too old to still play farming! 

 
Will running the combine - "picking" corn

 
Anthony the grain cart operator
 
 
This is Charlie's version of Key Coop!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!