Farewell for Now

This past weekend marked the retirement date for our pastor of 16 years.  We have known about this date for a long time now, but it approached quicker than I anticipated.  I'm still not sure that I am fully feeling everything I should feel when someone who has been a part of your spiritual life for that long leaves.  There are several reason why that might be - which I won't go into - which is one of the reasons I'm not sure I should do this post now.  (I'm not sure it has fully sunk in - and maybe I should write about this when it actually does sink in - and I still might.)  As I look back at the last sixteen years he has been here - he has done a lot for our family.  He married Jon and I, baptized all of our kids, gave the funeral for our dear sweet TJ (who absolutely adored this man) and has been pretty instrumental in our spiritual walk.  Every Sunday as soon as he would say the benediction our kids would run down to the front of the church to go sit and chat with Pastor Don.  I know they will miss that when he is no longer serving our church. Although we will no longer see Pastor Don - the impact he left on our lives will always be a part of us. 


 
This was the usual picture on Sundays (along with many other children)!
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!