An Honor

I have always felt extremely lucky and privileged to be a stay home mom.  I have enjoyed it more than just the obvious reasons - getting to be with my kiddos, working along side my husband, and staying in my pajamas until 3:00!  There are other perks as well - getting together with girlfriends, and helping out those friends and family who may have to work on a regular basis or every now and again.  This past week I have had the honor of watching this sweet little boy!  Meet Austin!

 
 
 
Jon even hung out with us one morning!  They were watching Mud Kings!
 
 
 
I have watched him four days now and only one more day left on the calendar (as of now) :(  I have thoroughly enjoyed watching him - he is such a good baby!  I must admit I don't get much done when he is around - but who would - did you see that cute little face?  But honestly it's all my fault and I think it's because I so desperately miss this stage.  When I was in it with my kids I didn't enjoy it as much for a couple different reasons.  One - I had more than one kid around so it wasn't as easy - four under the age of six! (since the boys are in school - it's just me and Austin)!  Two - I was always looking forward to the next stage and not enjoying the stage I was currently in.  Now that we've lost TJ - I'm trying to enjoy every moment/stage and not to hurry to the next one.  I want to freeze time - I'm not anxiously looking forward to the next stage (whatever that might be).  I love that since I stay home (even though all my kids are now in school) - I can do things like this.  That some days, I can rewind time - not with my kids - but get the chance to love on someone else's kids - and help my friend out too!!
 
 
I just have to tell this story.  One day this week when I was watching Austin, my sister and niece stopped by.  Well, when they first arrived Austin was sleeping.  He soon awoke from his nap and we put him in the high chair.  Hannah just wanted to be close to him - so I pulled up a bar stool so she could be at the same height as him.  So they were sitting across from each other - holding hands - it was so cute!  But I guess that wasn't close enough - so I moved the bar stool to the side of the high chair - so it could be closer yet.  That worked for a little bit - but she still wanted to be closer.  So she crawled on top of the tray of the high chair and climbed right in next to Austin.  See the picture below!
 


Austin didn't seem to mind at all - he was ALL smiles!!  I think he loved her as much as she loved him!  It was so cute - so I had to capture it.

I often contemplate going back to work now that all the kids are in school full time - in fact I was offered a job earlier this summer.  But for now - I think I'll pass.  Because if I can go on field trips with my kids, be there when they get off the bus, stay home with them when they are sick, help my husband when he needs it, watch super sweet kiddos for my friends and family, meet girlfriends for lunch and stay in my pajamas until 3:00 - I'll take that any day (as long as God allows) - and ENJOY every minute of it!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!