Blind Date


Yep!   You read that correctly!  It all started with a text message from my dear friend Kelly.  The following conversation took place:


Kelly: I saw a guy I think you'd find attractive.  I've actually seen him twice this week.  First time he was loading corn.  Second time was this morning down the road from us.  He was in a JD tractor.  Want me to get his number for you?

Me: Sure!

Kelly: Maybe when it rains I can set you up on a blind date.

Me: How about a double date?  Not sure if I want to go by myself!

Now before you all get worried that my friend is setting me up with another man - she was talking about Jon!  We decided it would be fun to put a little spark in our marriages (to spice it up a bit) and pretend we were going out on a blind double date!  (I know there are times with both of our husbands professions - it seems like it really could have been a blind date!)  So, yesterday morning we text our guys inviting them to go out for supper and telling them when and where to meet us.  Kelly and I got together later in the afternoon to get pedicures and to find the perfect outfits for our big date (I never have any kind of luck when I go shopping - but yesterday was my day.  I found several things AND they were on sale!)  After picking out our attire we went back to her place to get ready for our big date!  We had SO much fun!!   We met our guys at Kaldera's in Pella.  We tried really hard to pretend like we didn't know each other - but it was just too hard to play the act for too long.  After a delicious supper and good conversation we headed to the Mango Tree for dessert!  The night was a lot of fun!  I enjoyed the girl time prier to our date night - especially getting ready together - I had forgotten how much fun that used to be!  It was a perfect blend of girl time and husband/wife time.  We just might have to do that again sometime!  If you've never done something like that before - I highly recommend it!  (In case you are wondering - I really liked my date - and have decided to keep "dating" him!) 






Michael & Kelly                   Supper at Kaldera's with our good looking guys!                   Jon and me




Group photo getting ice cream!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!