ROCKY!!!

I grew up watching Rocky. You remember the movies (there were only six how could you not have seen at least one) the underdog fighter Rocky Balboa takes on heavyweight champions and extreme contenders and wins! Well we have been on a Rocky marathon at our house. We just finished Rocky 5. The only one left to watch is Rocky Balboa. The boys have really taken a liking to the movies to the point they have their own boxing matches (not sure how I feel about this yet). Of course they are pretending and not really hitting each other. However, I do like their creativity in how they train and the things they come up with for boxing gloves! Check out the following picture:



Yes those are koozies for boxing gloves. Actually according to Charlie it's the tape they put on their hands before the gloves go on. I believe in this picture Charlie is Rocky. Anthony is Apollo and Will is Micky - Rocky's trainer.

It has been fun to rewatch those movies and see them in a different light - in a way I've never noticed before - the love story between Rocky and Adrian. I must admit I have all the first four movies almost memorized (I know it's sad). However, I never paid attention to the love story part of the movie. It may sound cheesy and I know it's only a movie but the love they share is pretty amazing. If you haven't seen them before I recommend renting them (You can get them at the library). If you have, watch them again and see if you notice the incredible connection they have for one another.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!