Addiction!!

Well....I started this blog to share my heart, so why not make a confession too!  Hi, my name is Tami and I'm addicted to Super Mario Bros!  I have to admit that this addiction started many years ago when the first Nintendo came out.  I would play for hours after school.  My sister always hated to play with me.  You see back then it was a two player game - Mario & Luigi.  However, Mario usually had to die in order for Luigi to have his turn.  And you guessed it - I was Mario - so my sister rarely got the chance to play.  Let me tell you they have improved the game tremendously since I was a kid.  Four players can play at once (which can sometimes be bad), you can quick save the world you were in to come back and play later, if you die - you come back in a bubble and as long as someone pops you - you come back to life!!  Oh the list goes on and on!  Jon made the mistake and bought me this game for Christmas one year.  I would find myself playing the game even after the kids were in bed!!  I know, sad right!?!  Well, Charlie has picked up my addiction for Super Mario Bros. (for the wii).  He will come home from school and ask if I will play it with him.  I seriously can't tell the kid no (I really think I need help).  So we will set the timer and play until it goes off because I know that if I didn't I would play it all day!  OK, so that was confession #1, #2 - Jon has been gone since Monday so the boys and I have been playing ALOT in our spare time.  I make sure that they have their homework done, have eaten supper and then it's off to the basement to play.  We have made it all the way to world 8 (the final world) to the final castle.  We are so close to saving Princess Peach I can hardly stand it.  Now with this snow storm approaching I'm afraid the kids won't have school tomorrow and I'll find myself playing Super Mario Bros ALL DAY!!!  What could be the harm in that?!?  Let's look at the positive side - I'm spending time with my boys having fun!  The downside - no work is getting done - so I'm staying up late after they go to bed to try and get it done!!  Oh well they are only young once right?  And who knows how long they will actually still want me to play the wii with them.  So for now I'm going to try and not feel too bad about not working and playing with my boys (while feeding my addiction)!!  It's Mario time!!! 



Comments

  1. That is super funny! Levi too had a major addiction to this game. It was all he could talk about, and if he didn't get to play it, he'd have a major meltdown. We ended up taking it away from him. However, we now have a new game that I LOVE too! It's Skylanders! I will play for hours after the kids go to bed too! We need a few new characters so I can keep going in the game. But it has been for Levi and I! So I feel for ya! And yes, they are only young once so why not PLAY!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tami, Your boys are telling their friends...."We have the Coolest Mom!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gerrit has just begun an addiction with that game too! He discovered we have it when we moved, now he won't stop playing. I'm terrible, maybe I'll send him over so you can teach him a few things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt, I would love to play with Gerrit! Send him on over!!

      Delete
  4. It was so fun to watch Will & Charlie play that this afternoon! Will would say "Charlie, you do this part cuz you're better at this part" or Charlie would say the same thing to Will. I asked the boys "who's better at this game, you or Mom?" They both said, "Mom's really good at this game!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tami- I am so addicted to this game too! And when ya think the game is over, it keeps going = ) My kids love playing Mario with me as well, and it's still spending time with them, and they enjoy every minute of it! When Jason comes home from work and we are playing, he says. "So I guess I don't get the TV tonight"? SO, I say the cleaning can wait, spend as much time with your kids as possible!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome

Grieving Still

I Love To Tell The Story