Hay Days, Shopping and Good Friends

This past weekend Jon and I, along with four other couples left for Minnesota.  You see Hay Days was going on.  Hay Days? you might ask, what is that?  Well the best I can describe it - it is a huge snowmobile thing!  Yep, that's my best description!  I believe they have anything and everything snowmobile you could think of there.  I even think they run/race/ride them.  I guess I should have asked Jon of a more detailed description!  Anyway, last year the boys went and this year they invited the wives to come along!  However, us girls didn't go to Hay Days - we went shopping at the Mall of America!  We left Friday morning after all of our kids were in school and dropped off at sitters.  We stopped along the way up at an outlet mall and Cabela's and finally arrived at our Hotel late afternoon.  Before supper the boys did a little go-karting and then it was off to Buffalo Wild Wings!  After supper we headed to bed since the boys had to leave early to get there.  Us girls, slept and relaxed in the morning before heading to the mall.  And we shopped until we dropped!  I tell you I'm not much of a shopper - but I had a mission - to find clothes for our upcoming family pictures - and these ladies were so helpful!  I had so much fun with them.  We eventually met back up with the boys, had supper and headed for home.  Although, we never really hung out with our husbands (we had a boy vehicle and girl vehicle) I enjoyed getting to hang out and have great conversation with some great gals.  It's been awhile since I've had a girls day like that -  I'm looking forward to the next time we can do this.  Thanks for such a great time!


This was the only picture I got of the weekend.  I was hoping to at least get a girl picture - but forgot.  This was the guys before they started racing go-karts.  I thought they all looked a little silly!  Such a good bunch of guys - Jon can hang out with them anytime!
Brad, Kurt, BJ, Mike and Jon!


 

Comments

  1. My daughter and her bf and his dad went up to this and saw some neat new things coming out on the market. I saw Jon at the bank last week and told him how much I enjoyed keeping up with the family and reading what you have to say.My niece just moved here from Tx. and has 4 boys and is going to have a girl in Nov.she would love to meet some friends from NS and I told her she should visit with you!! You would be so good for her she is really sweet and has such nice kids.The boys go to school in NS and her husband is the new pastor at the Christian Church.I think she may know your sister.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!