A Special Gift!

I had received a phone call from my great Aunt Shirley telling me she had made me something and wanted to bring it over.  Yesterday she stopped by to give me what she had made.  It was a beautiful quilt.  But it wasn't an ordinary quilt.  She had started this project when TJ was sick.  She took several quilting squares to different locations for signatures and words of encouragement.  Two squares were left in the bank in New Sharon for members of the community to sign.  Another was given to TJ's classmates.  One was from the nurses and volunteers at the Serenity House.  Two were from family - the Fergusons (my extended family) and Wilkenings.  And another one was signed by our neighborhood.  I was told that a square was given to my side of the family and Jon's side of the family but she never got those back, so she decided to go ahead and make it without them.  I absolutely LOVE this quilt.  It's been fun to see all who signed it and to read the comforting words people wrote us a year ago.  She told me that even though we may not feel it or think it - all these people still care, love and are praying for us.  There are days we feel like we are all alone in this so that was nice to hear!  Thank you Shirley for your hard work and thoughtfulness.  You went above and beyond to bless this grieving mother - it's a gift I'll treasure forever!!




This is the beautiful quilt!
 
 
 
 
 
 
This square was signed by all the Serenity House staff & volunteers.
 
 

 
This one has the signatures of all of TJ's classmates!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!