FINALLY!!

It is June 13th and we FINALLY got finished up with beans today!  Or as a farmer will always tell you, "for the first time, anyway!"  The following pictures were taken the last time we were in the field planting beans (I guess that was May 24 according to my camera).  We were just 65 acres shy of being done before all the rain came at us!





 
 
 
 
This is the latest in my married life (that I can remember) that it has been this late getting the crops in.  I know my husband will be so much happier now that it is finally done.  Now to finish custom side-dressing and custom spraying!  Well I guess that is part of the reason you have a hired man to help get all those things done!!  Although we got a lot of rain and it's been a long drawn out planting season I am secretly happy for the wet days.  I've had my husband around!!  We've enjoyed a few weekends of date night, he has helped a ton with the basement demo, we've shared several lunches at home together and he has even joined us for other things he would normally miss out on!  So, to me, all that rain was a little blessing in disguise!  Don't tell him I said that!  For now we will celebrate having all the crops in (for the first time)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!