Go Cubs!!

It has become a tradition over the last (I think) four years for my Dad's side of the family to go to the Iowa Cubs game for Father's Day.  It actually started out going on Mother's Day, but one year there was no game on that particular day so Father's Day quickly replaced it.  My Uncle Steve gets all the tickets and then blocks off an area so we can all tailgate before the game.  Before the game starts they let the fathers (and mothers) go out on the field with their kids to play catch.  This has become a favorite thing for the boys to do.  My Uncle Steve also usually arranges for someone from our group to throw out the first pitch.  One year my older sister did it, another year Anthony and my nephew Michael did it.  This year we had the newest father - my cousin Jake - throw out the pitch.  He even took his son out with him (or should I saw his wife did)!  After the game is over they let the kids run the bases.  The kids look forward to this part before the game has even started!  Unfortunately this year the Cubs lost, but we enjoyed our time spent together as a family at the game!  Here are a few pictures:






Jon and his boys
 




Playing catch!
 
 
 



The youngest members of the family - Hannah and David!  They both did really well at the game.
 
 
 


 
My family! I bet my Dad never thought he would have 12 grandchildren - 10 of them being BOYS!
 
 


 
My Dad with his girls!
 
 


 
My Grandma and Grandpa Ferguson with the boys!
 
 
 
 
 
Family picture after running the bases!

 

 

 

Comments

  1. You guys always take such amazing pictures! Love the one of your dad with all you girls!! Love this tradition too, and you had great weather this year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome

Grieving Still

I Love To Tell The Story