A Weekend of Fun!

So last weekend I went with some good friends to Women of Faith.  I had not been to this event since TJ was around one, so I was looking forward to it.  We had decided to meet early and get pedicures before our evening session.  I tell you what, this was probably the most fun I've had getting a pedicure.  You know the kind - where you laugh so hard you cry.  I think by the end of our pedicure they were ready for us to leave!  So many stories to tell - but probably none of you would laugh like we did just because you weren't there!

We enjoyed the first session and afterwards went out to eat for pie with some other ladies from our church who were also attending.  Then it was back to our hotel room for more chatting and laughter.  I know the last time I looked at the clock it was 2:15 am!  Saturday was also a very good session with a mini concert from Mercy Me.  I enjoyed my "girl time."  But also enjoyed hearing the other speakers share their hearts and help us in our walks with Christ.  I always come home inspired and pumped up after events like these.  It was also an emotional time, but I learned some things to help me through my grieving process and so much more.  There are just too many things to mention (My dear friend took notes - so if you want to know more - just ask).  If you ever have the opportunity to go to an event like this - I highly recommend it.  Grab a couple of your girlfriends and GO!!

After the conference was over Saturday, I met Jon and the boys and headed to some other good friends of ours.  We had such a great night of food and fellowship and our kids played well together.  It's been awhile since anyone has asked "how are you doing" and really want to know the answer.  It was nice to share our hearts, feelings and everything else.  And I guess we all must have had a lot to share because we left there at 3:30 am!  I know it crazy.  I am so thankful for their friendship! 

Sunday we ended the weekend by celebrating birthdays on the Goemaat side and a movie at the Capri Theatre with the boys!  After all that fun I was more than ready for bed!  I'm so thankful for busy yet special weekends like that.



 
Our pretty toes!  And yes we all got the same design.  I LOVE them!
 
 
 
We ate at Zombie Burger before the conference.  Very good!  They made me stand there!  It freaked me out just a bit!! 
 
 
 
At the conference!  And yes we have matching coats too!  Diane and I forgot to bring one and froze (good sales gimmick) so we had to buy one!  Margie was the smart one and remembered to bring hers!  I am so extremely thankful and love these two amazing women.  I have so much fun when we are together and they have been such a huge support to me (and our family).
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!