TJ's Ribbon

We finally got TJ's ribbon all decorated!!  The theme this year at the Iowa State Fair is  Happiness is...  So we titled our ribbon Happiness is...spending your "day-sies" at the Iowa State Fair!!  Our idea we thought was going to be easy and wouldn't have quite the detail and time last year's did.  We were wrong.  I believe since our design was so simple we thought it needed more.  We went back and forth on what to do and decided with the original simple design.  Our families all met to work on it.  I love how willing our families are to get together to do things that honor TJ.  Now onto the pictures (I tried hard to get a picture of everyone working on it - but that didn't happen - everyone did something even if there isn't a picture of them).


 
This picture was actually taken a whole lot earlier - the boys (and Matthew) are putting on the primer.
 

 
This was the before picture with our drawing to follow - thank you Angie for drawing this for us!  You did an amazing job!
 
 

 
Here we are painting.
 


 
More painting!
 


 
Again more painting! 
 


 
More painting!
 

 
And...more painting!

 
The finished ribbon!!  It is the same on both sides.  We decided to include our lady bugs again - it represents our family.  The five of us below in the grass and the one (TJ) up on the leaf.  We did this with the cone too!
 
I just want to give a shout out to my sister in law and brother in law - THANK YOU for letting us use your awesome shop (and everything else for the kids to play with) and for all the hard work you did on the ribbon.  I also want to thank my mother in law for providing us supper that night.  And thank you family for coming together and working on this to honor your nephew, grandson and cousin.  I know TJ would be proud.  We love you all!!

Comments

  1. I LOVE this! Super cute and will make a great yard display when the fair is over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Tami! :) Great job to all of you! We'll do our best to find it at the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is so neat and bright and colorful,do you get to keep them after the fair,that's even better.So proud of all of you.TJ loves it just as much as everyone else I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't have missed the opportunity to help with what I could on "TJ's Ribbon" I miss that 'lil kid more as time goes on. I KNOW that feeling will NEVER go away! This is just a small way we can have a piece of TJ at the State Fair, which he loved! Love you all <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!