Updates!

So it's been really busy around here.  We continue to make progress with our tiling around the house.  We are hoping this week to have the egress windows put in and all the other outside work done!  Look at the progress we made this past week.



The guys came out to tar our basement walls.  Hopefully this will keep out any water!
 



Our job (the boys and me) was to scoop the rock out of the loader and into 5 gallon buckets and then give to Jon and Don down in the hole.  It was hard work, but the boys were helpful.

 
Anthony and Will taking their turn filling the buckets!
 


 
Jon and Don down in the hole making sure the tile had the right fall and then putting the rock on top to keep it in place.
 
 
We had to make sure the tar was dry before we could start tiling and Jon had to spray during the day so we did this all in a couple of evenings.  It was alot of work but it will definitely be well worth it when it is all done!  I believe we are both ready for it to be done - our yard has become quite the mess!  Oh well - less mowing to do!!
 
So my last post I talked about my camper being out of commission.  Well, FINALLY last Tuesday we were able to take it to the camper place to get fixed and by Friday it was DONE!!!  So Sunday we were able to get our camper up to the holding pen at the Iowa State Fair.  That in itself is a whole other story - one that is WAY too hard to type about.  I'll definitely tell you all about it if you want to know - just ask the next time you see me!  Just make sure Jon isn't around - he is still upset about it (but he gave me permission to tell people)!!  Here are a couple of pictures of all the campers waiting - hoping to find a spot next Sunday.  I tell you - it was good for me to go and experience this - for two reasons.  1.  It made me realize I am not the only crazy, super-psycho one about the Iowa State Fair.  And 2. It made me appreciate Jon even more for all he does to support my love for the fair!
 
 
The line at 6am waiting to get into the fair.
 
 

 
This is a picture of all the campers waiting to get a spot!  I believe there were just under 100 campers.  Want to know the crazy thing...all of these campers were here and parked all within 15 minutes.  I kid you not - if you show up 5 minutes late - you might as well come an hour later and miss all the craziness!  I had fun and now I can't wait for the fair!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!