Cousin Time!

Even though our families all live within a twenty mile radius it seems as if we still don't get to see each other as much as we'd like.  So this past Friday we had the privilege of having the DeJong cousins over - not only just to play during the day, but overnight as well.  The boys each partnered up with another cousin and had a fun time of playing.  Unfortunately the weather wasn't the greatest to go outside, but they made do playing race cars, trains, farm, boxing (and UFC - thanks to the movie Here Comes the Boom - which I would highly recommend) and other various things.  Since there are four boy cousins and now only three boys in my house - I joined in on some of the fun.  I enjoyed playing trains with Nathan (he is the youngest - 2yrs).  It was like playing Thomas all over again with TJ - I loved it and didn't realized how much I missed that.  We picked up a couple of pizzas and had movie night.  Once the movie was over we set up the living room for a big slumber party.  I put in another movie to have them watch hoping to fall asleep - I think I was the one that fell asleep.  Finally around 11:00 (or maybe even later) I turned off the t.v. and told those that were still awake that they should probably go to sleep.

The next morning Jon and I fixed waffles and pancakes for breakfast.  Then two of the Fisk cousins came over to play.  My sister had wedding hair to do.  So for about an hour we had nine kids in the ages of 8 months, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and two 9 years old all playing and having fun!  My older sister came to pick up her kids - they had ball pictures - and we spent the rest of the day with Gavin and Hannah!  I really enjoyed our time with my niece and nephews.  We really should do it more often.  Thank you again for sharing your kiddos with us - we are definitely looking forward to the next time they come over!!  Here are a few pictures of our time together!



Charlie, Mike, Anthony, Joel, Nathan, Will and Paul!  Notice no shirts - that's because they were boxing!




 
Time for bed!




 
Will, Anthony, Hannah, Gavin and Charlie.  Once again no shirts!
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!