Gardening!

This year I decided to try to do a garden.  When Jon and I first moved to where we live now, I planted one and have never done one since.  Part of the reason....I'm the only one that will eat anything out of it.  However, I decided it would be a fun project for the boys and I to do this summer.  So, one night after supper the boys and I tried to decide what to plant in our garden.  Like I said - we are all picky eaters - so we came up with peas, carrots, sweet corn, green beans, watermelon and pumpkins.  I really wanted to try to do more since Jon gave me a generous space to work with - but didn't know what to do with it all since once again, I'd be eating it all by myself.  I did get a kick out of Charlie - he wanted to plant tomatoes.  I do NOT like tomatoes so I asked him if he would eat them to which he answered, "no, but maybe we could make ketchup out of them!"  Nice try, but I think I'll just buy it!  So last Saturday we planted our peas and carrots in our garden.  I was proud of the boys, the way they pitched in with hoeing and planting the seeds. The boys are anxiously awaiting to see the plants come up and grow!  And they can't wait to plant the rest of our items when the time is right!  I'm glad to hear and see their excitement over the garden!  Maybe this will get them excited about eating these things too (I can only hope)!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grieving Still

Welcome

The Basement Reveal!